Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St. Patrick's Day

Okay, so our first official week of "school" at home has begun!!! We have enjoyed talking about St. Patrick's Day this week! We had a St Patrick's Day party/playdate! I'm so thankful for my many friends who enjoyed being together in small spaces! The kids had a blast, and I think the adults did too!

On the menu, we had green peppermints, green gum, green gummies, green chocolate mints, Andes Mint cookies, green apples, green avacado, green grapes, green jello, green cotton candy, and shamrock-shaped peanut butter sandwiches, chips and guacamole, cookies, mint oreos,

All the activities, which are set up in centers, are located in the back yard! They included:

Magic Playdoh
  • In these little balls of white or yellow playdoh, I have put a few drops of food coloring! When the kids squish the playdoh in their hands, they find a new color of playdoh! The white balls had green food coloring and the yellow playdoh had blue food coloring!

Mixing Playdoh
  • I can't stand for my kids to mix playdoh! It is a pet peeve that I've had since I was a little girl! However, this is the one time of year that I will allow my kiddos to mix up the playdoh! They mixed blue and yellow playdoh

Green Bubbles
  • What fun with bubbles! The kids enjoyed this fun treat!

Painting Rainbows
  • Watercolors are so fun! They are especially fun when there's a pot of gold promised at the bottom!!!

Making Shamrocks
  • The kids use green heart stickers to complete a shamrock picture! St. Patrick, a missionary to Ireland, used the common small plant to explain the Trinity of God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

No comments: